Plants to create that ‘Chelsea’ feel
Feeling inspired by the Chelsea Flower Show this week? Here are’s some plants to create that ‘Chelsea’ feel.
1) Digitalis is available in an array of fantastic colours and are sure to impress the neighbours through May – July.They prefer partial shade and will look great in the middle or the back of a border.
2) Get the Chelsea look by using Lupins, known for their bright colours, they are great for that cottage garden feel and will flower from June – September.
3) Another Chelsea favourite is, Geum, we’d recommend using a bright colour like Geum totally tangerine - these are great when used in your Chelsea border alongside Salvia.They prefer full sun and will flower from June – August.
4) Salvia are available in pinks and purples, and Salvia Caradonna is one of our favourites. It would and look great with both Geums and Achillea.
5) Buxus shaped as cones or balls add great formality to a garden with minimum upkeep.They look great at the front of a border or in between plants.
6) Agapanthus make the perfect Chelsea plant, and if you don’t have enough room to create a full Chelsea garden, a few pots filled with Agapanthus will do the trick.
Posted 15th Jan 10:17am