How to create a bird friendly garden
Want to create a bird friendly garden but not sure how? Check out our guide below.
1) Grasses not only provide cover their seed heads provide food and material for birds’ nests.
2) Providing birds with a feeder encourages them into your garden. Once they know there’s a food source there they will be back again for more.
3) Why not add a bird bath or small pond to your garden to encourage birds. Birds love a good splash and can quench their thirst.
4) Certain shrub varieties provide great cover, nectar, attract insects and some even provide birds with berries.
5) Adding a bird house to your garden will provide birds with additional shelter and more options on when it comes to building their nest.
6) Trees are great as they provide a natural location for birds to build a nest, some provide nectar, berries and trees often attract insects.
7) Ground cover like Ivy provides cover for birds and also attracts insects.
Posted 14th Jan 4:10pm