How to create a bee friendly garden
1) Add nectar and pollen rich flowers to your garden including varieties such as Lavender, eryngium, heather, Ivy, Mahonia, Geranium, Rudbeckia, Echinacea, Salvia and many other varieties.
2) Small garden? No problem, plant up seasonal containers that will encourage bees, they will particularly be drawn to plants in the sun.
3) If your garden is big enough, a natural meadow provides additional nectar and pollen and encourages different species of bees.
4) Make a bee bath using low water and stones they can land on. Don’t fill it too deep as it may drown the bees.
5) Avoid using pesticides as these could be harmful to the bees.
6) Think about the different seasons, particularly spring and late summer, where the bees need a boost.
7) Do provide bees shelter by leaving stumps or creating your own ‘bee hotel’.
Posted 9th Apr 3:51pm