How to attract butterflies to your garden
Want to attract butterflies to your garden? Here's our top tips:
1) “Butterflies like a lot of sunlight”! Be sure to choose plants that do well in full sun like Echinacea, Verbena and Lavender.
2) Do choose native and non-native plants to encourage different butterflies to your garden
3) Try to provide nectar throughout the butterfly season choosing early and late bloomers.
4) Prolong flowering by deadheading flowers, this will encourage a second lot of flowers - meaning more nectar for butterflies!
5) Do try to plant along a fence, building or hedge to protect butterflies from the wind.
6) Place a rock in a sunny spot for butterfly basking and resting.
Posted 10th Mar 10:49am