Congratulations to Steve Morton, our previous Despatch Manager, who has been promoted to Operations Manager and will be leaving the outside despatch environment for the office.
1. What will your new job role include?
My new role will involve looking after the operations team in the top yard. In the office, I will be processing and allocating orders. I will also be helping with recruitment for operation’s needs and a lot of problem-solving.
2. How will this differ from your previous role?
My last job in despatch was very hands-on and physical. This job is more office based.
3. What do you think the challenges will be?
Recruitment and interviewing as these are new challenges for me.
4. What are you most looking forward to?
All the new challenges ahead and staying dry and warm in the winter.
5. Tell us a funny story from your time at JOW:
I have a lot of funny stories at JOW but nothing PG rating.
6. Where would we find you on a weekend?
Spending days out with my wife and four children they all keep me busy.
7. If you had to be stuck in a lift with a star character, who would it be and why?
I would love to be stuck in a lift with George Lucas so I could talk Star Wars with him.
8. Proudest moment in life?
Having all 4 of my children with my wife, Natasha.
9. Drink of choice:
Apple Jack Daniels & Coke
10. Any Hidden Talents?
I would say very good at building Lego, but my wife will tell you it's being a terrible snorer.
Posted 28th Jul 8:36am