Want a good selection of late flowering perennials? Choose from these flowers that are sure to see you through until the end of summer.
1) Rudbeckia 'Little Gold Star' - a compact Rudbeckia standing at 50cm high, these plants will last you all the way through to October and are known for their mounds of bright yellow flowers.
2) Agapanthus ‘Columba’ - One of our favourite perennials, it has globes of trumpet-shaped blue flowers on straight green stems that will last until September. They look fantastic in a pot or summer border.
3) Echinacea ‘Magnus’ - a firm favourite of butterflies with its fantastic daisy Iike, bright pink flowers and orange centres. Flowering from July to– September, it’s a must have for your late flowering border.
4) Agastache ‘Black Adder’ - great for the back of a border and grow up to 90cm tall. They will flower until October and thrive in full sun.
5) Crocosmia ‘Lucifer’ - funnel shaped flowers as bright as a red tomato, which will flower from July to September. They will work best in a sunny herbaceous border alongside other bold colours like Achillea.
6) Sedum 'Matrona' – this plant has purple stems with clusters of soft pink flowers that will last until October, also, they are great for cut flowers.
Posted 24th Jul 9:25am