A warm welcome to Alice Knowles who joins the cash & carry team.
Alice joins us from RHS Harlow Carr and has a great plant knowledge behind her, Alice will be working front of house on the cash & carry dealing with customer enquiries in person, on the phone and by email, Here's what she had to say about her new job.
1) Where did you work prior to Johnsons? – spent the last 10 years working in garden centres with the last 4 years at RHS Harlow Carr Plant centre as a team leader.
2) What are the similarities in your old role to your new role at Johnsons? – Customer facing role, giving plant advice, stock ordering.
3) Where did you study and what qualifications did you gain? – 2 years at Bishop Burton Collage doing ND in Horticulture covering subjects such as machinery, propagation and pruning.
4) What will your role include at Johnsons? Front of house, dealing with customer enquiries in store, over the phone and by email, quotes and sales.
5) How have you found your first week at Johnsons? Varied trying to learn all the new systems but the team have been very supportive.
6)What are you looking forward to in your new role? Working alongside a nursery and gaining more horticultural knowledge.
7) What do you think the challenges will be? Trying to remember plant pot sizes/height/container/root ball,the bad weather and not having a Bettys lunch everyday.
8) Tell us a random fact about yourself? I'm a Leeds Rhinos supporter.
Have you met Cash & Carry Manager Luke Richardson? You can find out all about him here 'Congratulations to Luke Richardson new cash & carry manager'
Posted 18th Apr 11:54am